All-in-one Agent setup wizard
This is a wizard that guides you through installation of the following components:
•ESET AV Remover (optional)
1.Select the check box if you want to remove/uninstall third-party antivirus software that is running or is installed on your computer. Click Continue.
2.If you don't use any other security applications on your local computer, click Continue and go to step 7.
3.ESET AV Remover will help you uninstall or completely remove other antivirus programs. Check the list of supported software and/or click Continue.
4.Read and Accept the End User License Agreement (EULA) if you agree with it.
5.After scanning installed applications, select the check box next to the application(s) you want to remove and click Remove. See our Knowledgebase article about ESET AV Remover for details.
6.Once you are finished using ESET AV Remover, or if you haven't removed any application, click Continue to installation.
7.The next step in the installation process is ERA Agent installation, click Next.
8.Read and Accept the End User License Agreement (EULA) if you agree with it.
9.Click Install, ERA Agent will be installed and click Finish.
10. In the next step, click Next to install ESET Endpoint Security.
11. Read and Accept the End User License Agreement (EULA) if you agree with it.
12. You will be promoted to configure ESET Live Grid. ESET Live Grid helps you ensure that ESET is immediately and continuously informed about new infiltrations, which allows us to better protect our customer.
13. Detection of potentially unwanted applications - make your choice. You can access additional settings by clicking Advanced settings (for example to install your ESET product in a specific folder).
14. Click Install.
15. After the installation has been completed, click Finish. ESET Endpoint security will open automatically. You can check the status log (C:\ProgramData\ESET\RemoteAdministrator\Agent\Logs\status.html) on the client machine to make sure ERA Agent is working properly. If there are problems with the Agent (for example, it is not connecting to the ERA Server) see troubleshooting.